(Click the picture to see the video!)
After 19 years in the current location on Busch Boulevard, Alexis, Carrie & the whole VA team are proud to announce that Columbus is getting more Vertical.
As many in the community know, we have been working on bringing a new facility to Columbus. This summer, we will be opening a new VA, built from the ground up to be a state-of-the-art climbing facility. The address of the new gym, 6513 Kingsmill Ct, represents just how hard we have all been working to bring VA513 (as we like to call it) to life. The new facility will be housed in a 12,000 sq ft building with an additional 3,000 sq ft of mezzanine (giving us 15,000 sq ft of usable floor space.)
- The walls will be 45′ tall at their maximum height.
- The walls are designed and manufactured by Walltopia
- On the mezzanine will be hard bouldering and training.
- For those just starting out in their bouldering, there will be Veasy-V4 bouldering on the main floor.
- We will have approximately 70 rope lines–all leadable.
- There will be an IFSC regulation 10 meter speed wall.
- There is a dedicated fitness room below, and we have just purchased equipment for it.
- Expanded retail offerings.
- Locker rooms & showers.
We are still working out details and plans, but we’ll be sharing them here as they become available. Thank you to everyone in the community for their help and support, and thank you to Walltopia for their great designs and support and thanks to Huntington Bank for making this all possible!
–The VA Team.